the man behind THE MAN

Saturday, November 18, 2006

I hate chaches

I hate people who use sports as a means for violence. Earlier today I was in a bar fight.

It's a Michigan tradition to play a cowbell to show your support for the team and a guy at our table brought the bell. Every touchdown he played the bell, but as the night wore on the Ohio State fans got more and more agitated by this. It started with menacing chants of "where's the cowbell" after every big OSU play. Later it escalated to snippy comments as they walked past our table. And on a late touchdown by umich all hell broke lose. My friend went to play the bell as he had done previously when a grinning OSU fan darted for him. The fan grabbed his bell, knocked him in the face, and then tried to run off with it. I shoot up after the stolen instrument, grabbed it, and got pulled over the booth and into the center of the OSU fan's screaming posse. I get to my feet and am immediately shoved into a table behind us. Like an old country movie, the table goes flying into the air as I landed on top of it. I tried to prevent the fall, but consequently lost control of the instrument. Inspecting the damage, we noticed that my friends glasses were ripped in half and he's slightly cut up. I'm ok and am now listening to the OSU fans chant "Where's your cowbell? and Where's your glasses?" We eventually find the other half of his glasses and engineer a way to keep them together. The neanderthals continue their tackless mocking for the rest of the game.

It's not just OSU fans either. Michigan fans have their share of suckiness too. I'm leaving the bar with my dad and heading to the car when a huge Michigan fan comes shooting past us screaming "I'm so pissed, I just want to beat the crap out of someone OSU affiliated." He finds three petrified high-school aged OSU fans in a 7-11 parking lot. The four of them begin arguing and pushing each other. I head for the car. My faith in humanity is lost. Fight over something worthwhile, not over a stupid fucking sport.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home