the man behind THE MAN

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

I'm a home owner

I'm officially a grown up. Last month I bought a condo and now have a mortgage, home owners assessments, and property taxes to pay out.

I ended up buying my dream pad though. It took about 3-4 months of searching but I finally found my two bed/two bath high rise with a killer view. The unit has been completely rehabbed, meaning it has hardwood floors throughout, remodeled kitchen and bathroom, and all new appliances. It also has a rooftop deck and pool, a doorman, an on-site dry cleaners, and unlike my last place, a working kitchen sink with hot water! Best of all though is the view. It overlooks both the skyline and the lake. During the day you can see all the sailboats out on Lake Michigan, and at night you can watch the fireworks over Navy Pier.

I'm pretty excited about this place, even threw a pool party to sort of christen the pad. I'm still in the process of moving but have just about settled in. Everything from my old place has been moved over, but I decided to amplify the bachelor pad theme and have traded my dinning room table in for a foosball table. I also have to fix some minor issues with the place (I swear I'm at Home Depot at least once a weekend these days) but as soon as everything gets sorted out I'll attach some pictures.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home