the man behind THE MAN

Thursday, November 16, 2006

Brief update

I understand that it's been a while. A brief update.

Work
Most of my work is out of
New York right now. The development takes place in Chicago but the end users are out of NYC. I've had to take a couple of trips out there to discuss projects with them, and these trips have completely opened my eyes. Chicago feels way behind in terms of where it could be as a major city. New York has a better public transportation system, their neighborhoods aren't horribly segregated, and they banned public indoor smoking which is a law I strongly support. Not to mention they have things open all hours of the day for the nighthawk in me. Perhaps a move is needed.

Travel
I toured the south central with Han's brother. We hit up
Nashville, Memphis, and New Orleans. Got to see Kami, meet some European travelers, and hear some first hand accounts of how Katrina really effected New Orleans.

Despite my protests, I went apple picking in MI with the invincible sword goddess. And you know what? I actually kind of enjoyed it.

Going skiing January 3rd in Vail.

Outside work

I've been on a quest to collect more "1020" like people. People that are hard working, determined, giving, and aren't primarily focused on accumulating as much money as humanly possible. I've been amazed as to what I have found. Had no idea how cool a composer, an opera singer, a recycled dress maker, etc. could be.

Speaking of opera. I saw my first, Il Trovatore, last Tuesday.

My sister now lives in the city. Her friends live in a building two down from mine and she's moved into the same one as them. How's that for random? In a huge city full of places to live, her friends and her pick a spot right down the street from me. Weird.

Random
I've listened to the song "Mad World" by Gary Jules on loop for the last two and half hours (not exaggerating). I know, I'm obsessed. (that commercial featuring the song rocks btw)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home